Like to travel? With your own Tandem? Looking for adventure?
We put our experience to work creating a great touring tandem setup: We start with Ritchey’s Break-Away steel road tandem frame, which utilizes the Break-Away design to enable disassembly of the frame into 3 separate pieces for transport. We added our select MTBTandems.com drop-bar touring parts kit that provides great gear range, dependable all-weather braking and proven durability, then topped it off with one of our hand-built wheelsets. The result? A great travel tandem with multiple configuration options at an unusually competitive price point.
Based on the proven Ritchey Break-Away design, the Double Switchback frame packs enough lateral stiffness for two, and maintains a stable, predictable ride. And of course it disassembles for travel in minutes via three couplers and a seat tube/ post joint.
The Break-Away is also two bikes in one: With 650b x 45 mountain wheels, the Double Switchback is a capable gravel and all-road road rig, but the geometry is dialed to also accept 700c road wheels and tires.
Two riders, paved or unpaved roads, anywhere in the world, all on one bike: the Double Switchback Break-Away from Ritchey and MTB Tandems!
Available in 2 sizes – L/M or M/S (See geometry below).
- Frame: Ritchey Break-Away Tandem
- Fork: Ritchey Logic® tandem steel disc brake, 1-1/8″
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English threaded
- Drivetrain: Shimano 105 3×10
- Crankset: FSA Gossamer Tandem
- Brakes: TRP Spyre
- Wheels: Hand-built with DT Swiss/Velocity hubs, Velocity Chukker (700c Road) or Cliffhanger (650b gravel) rims, Sapim Spokes & Nipples.
- Bars: Ritchey
- Stems: Ritchey Logic captain, Control Tech stoker
- Includes 2 soft-side Travel Cases.
- Very limited availability at this price!